Leadership transitions are inevitable in healthcare and related fields which have seen tremendous tumult in recent years. When the board of a hospital, health system, medical center or other organization determines that it needs to recruit a new chief executive officer, it must follow an established, proven recruiting process. Such a process increases the likelihood of selecting the right person for the job and lends credibility to the chosen candidate, providing an essential foundation for his or her tenure.
Witt/Kieffer is pleased to announce the update of our classic best practices brochure, “Selecting the Right CEO.” Topics covered include:
- Forming a search committee
- Selecting a search firm
- Conducting an organizational assessment
- Selecting top candidates
- Conducting interviews with candidates
- Evaluating executive candidates
- Extending an offer and negotiating terms of the executive’s contract
Recruiting a new healthcare CEO is as much about preparation and process as it is about ultimately selecting the right person.